Soooo, I know it’s not Wednesday anymore. But my days are here and there and everywhere. Yesterday was filled with conversations with new friends, job interviews, preparing for youth group, leading youth group and then a long conversation with Paul last night.
And by 11:30 pm I just accepted the fact that Wednesday Ramblings would have to come on Thursday this week. And since I’m not going to be going anywhere today:
I thought we’d just have a random chat today, Thursday, instead of yesterday. My coffee mug is full and I’m sitting at my desk listening to thundersnow (I didn’t know that was a thing!), watching the snow fall and thinking about these things:
1. Snow. Everyone spent the day yesterday preparing for the storm. When I woke up at 7 am today, there was not so much as a DROP on the ground. And then about 8 minutes later, it started. And it kept coming down. The first picture up there was taken at 7:45, and then 8:45 and then 9:45 this morning and it doesn’t appear to be stopping anytime soon. And I don’t have anywhere to go so I’m OK with that. But I failed to do one thing yesterday and that was to buy bacon. We have no bacon in the house. What do do?
2. Working. Paul and I had a long discussion last night about working. I change my mind every 20 seconds about the subject. I think I want to work from home, freelancing and blogging but then in another instant I want to find a full time job, and keep the blog a hobby & creative outlet that I truly love. Discerning this is at the top of my priority – and prayer – list right now.
3. Girl Scout Cookies. How do they make those things so good? After yesterday’s cupcakes, I know you all love ‘em. Do you have a favorite recipe? Have you made homemade GS cookies?
4. Paint. Have I mentioned that I’m tired of painting? We painted lots of walls when we moved to our new house. Just this week Paul finished painting the main bathroom and I finished some cabinets. We painted our bathroom a light blue color called Smooth Sailing. I can’t figure out what color to pair with it. What do you think? Slate? Light grey? Brown? Help me, please?
5. Ok, I said I was sick of painting but I think I want to paint our fridge with chalkboard paint. Have you done it? What do you think? Our fridge is old and doesn’t match the other appliances.
6. Lent. Do you observe the season of anticipation leading up to Easter? We do and this year instead of giving something up, I am adding something in. I’m attempting to create some quiet space in each day to listen for God’s voice. As I mentioned in #2, I have NO idea what I am supposed to do with my life and I’m on a mission to listen for his will and path. I am in a small group with some great ladies in our new town and we are reading this book: Discerning the Voice of God and it is wonderful so far. Just what I needed. Are you giving anything up/adding anything in/creating some special devotion for this season?
My coffee is empty and Paul has breakfast ready so that’s probably enough rambling for today. Have a blessed day, my friends!