Kristen posted her Happiness Report yesterday which mentioned Michael Phelps and his quest to simply “smile more” and how a simple smile has helped him to enjoy and appreciate life a little more each day.
Our daily lives can get us down, there is no doubt about that. But I find that all that goes wrong can quickly be muted when we seek out happiness. I love the moments when I truly feel surrounded by beauty, by Grace, by happiness but oftentimes we have to be intentional about finding those – which is easier said than done.
The truth is that there are so many things to smile about. Maybe only for one minute of the day, or two, or one hour, or two, or maybe try all day to smile for the sake of happiness. It’s totally refreshing.
I have a whole pinboard titled “Makes Me Smile” and I actually find myself smiling and I scroll though.
hot air balloons make me smile | (source)
I’m taking a break today. I am stepping back to look at the bigger picture. I am smiling and I am making sure that I am present, happy and appreciating life. Here’s what’s making me smile today:
2. Proverbs. All of God’s words, in general.
3. 37 things you don’t need to be sorry for. Some are serious, some are funny. Regardless, I love this list and this website. Love it.
5. My sweet hubs. And the vacation to Denver & Colorado Springs that we are taking on September 1. Yes, I am counting – 23 days.
6. These. Can’t. Stop. Laughing.
7. Unexpected cheddar. Just do it.
8. IFBC with Claire. Again, counting – 15 days.
9. You, You, You. You guys – your comments, tweets, emails, and IM’s, they make me happy every single day of my life.
10. Hot air balloons. (See above.)
What are you smiling about today?