Yesterday there was a “5 random things” tagging floating around Instagram. The sweet Mama Pea tagged me and I shared my 5 things (see 1-5 below). But then I got to thinking this morning that: a) it’s Wednesday (duh!), which means some Cassie ramblings; b) coming up with those 5 random things was actually fun; and c) I should share 5 more, just because. So here are my 5 from yesterday, plus a bonus 5.
And I hope that you will share something random about you today because I sincerely love and appreciate each and every one of you and I jump at the chance to learn more about those that I love. Anything and everything goes and the more random, the better!!
1. I’ll choose sprinkles, Skittles or Twizzlers over chocolate any time I’m given the choice.
2. I have a weakness for French fries. I like to dip them in gravy or a chocolate frosty from Wendy’s. Sorry if you think that’s weird, but I’m really not sorry.
3. I have never dyed or highlighted my hair and don’t plan to until the day I see a gray.
4. I have a tattoo on my ankle that means strength and courage. Read: Joshua 1:9.
5. I started drinking coffee with my Grammy when I was way too young to drink it and I still drink it, first thing every morning, as black and as strong as can be.
6. I still adore Friends. I am in a bit of denial that the show is actually over and I’m praying for a reunion. Let’s petition.
7. I once had an obsession with BMW cars, like, a serious one. Now I’m not so crazy about them. I drive a Honda and I love it.
8. I have been living in maxi skirts like this one. It’s like wearing PJ’s, except better.
9. I have zero amount of procrastination in me. I like to get things done immediately and done fast, and usually I am taking care of 10 things at once, while also tweeting. Except I don’t tweet while driving!
10. I have no musical bone in my body but I played the clarinet in middle school. I married into one of the most musical families that I have ever known so my secret ambition is to learn to sing. And it terrifies me to sing around other people.
Don’t forget to check out my caprese couscous salad in tomato cups and enter to win our #TomatoLove Salad week giveaway from BigKitchen Store!
A little does of #SheReadsTruth for you today, too. The current devotional is on prayer. Today’s scripture was 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. The Message version reads: Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. I was convicted by this today: how much different would my life be if I lived like this daily? Definitely got my mind and heart going this morning!