The Guy Across The Table
Yes, this guy: my out-of-this-world husband, Paul.
If you have read my blog for any length of time, or if you follow me on Instagram, you probably know a few things about him. He loves food as much as I do and often inspires recipe that show up right here. He knows me well; sometimes I think he knows me better than I know myself. We love the same junk food, and baseball team; the lake is our favorite getaway; He loves God with all his might and he inspires me to be a better person every.single.day.
My friend Amanda decided to dedicate a post to her husband and invited some others to do the same. I talk about Paul all the time but usually in relation to how much he liked a recipe or how he helped me cook it. So today, this space is dedicated to my other half, my #1 fan, my biggest supporter, and my partner. Here are a few questions I asked Paul, and the other ladies asked their significant others, and his answers.
1. What is my favorite blog called? He answered “Bake Your Day”? I don’t think he knows how many blogs I actually read!
2. What is my favorite prop? He answered “the photo boards I made you” and he’s pretty darn right. He’s made me four and the first two have a fun story behind them!
3. What is the weirdest thing you have seen me do for a blog post? He said “ask me these questions”. Can’t argue with that.
4. If you could have your own blog what would you call it? He couldn’t think of a blog name but he thought it would be ministry and/or community-focused.
5. What do you do for a living and what are your hobbies? Minister to Students and Worship Leader. He enjoys woodworking, playing guitar and singing in his blues band, fishing, riding his motorcycle
6. What are some favorite recipes I have made for you? Buffalo Chicken Dip; Black Bean Burger Quesadillas (and Black Bean Burgers); Pulled Pork; Fried Rice; Rosemary Roasted Nuts; Jalapeno Popper Cups
And for fun, 10 (somewhat silly) reasons I love my hubs:
1. He builds things for me.
2. He makes me laugh every day.
3. He tolerates, and even encourages this crazy blog thing.
4. He has great hair!
5. He does dishes.
6. He really, really loves people and building relationships with others.
7. He loves Mexican food as much as I do.
8. He gives a great massage.
9. He sings.
10. He’s a master of the grill, of quesadillas and of scrambled eggs!
And bonus: he loves me more than I ever imagined possible and I thank God daily that he is in my life.
Check out the other Appreciation Posts from my awesome blogger friends!
- Lauren from Keep It Sweet Desserts made M&M Kit Kat Cake
- Rachel from Rachel Cooks made Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Shanna from Pineapple & Coconut made Best Ever Chicken Enchiladas
- Meaghan from The Decorated Cookie made Homemade SpaghettiOs
- Amy from Very Culinary shared a Fabulous Video!
- Liz from The Lemon Bowl made Lebanese Meat Pies (Sfeehas)
- Cassie from Bake Your Day wrote about The Guy Across The Table
- Erin from The Law Students Wife made Chicken Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Heather from Sugar Dish Me made Bourbon Apple Shortcakes
- Dorothy from Crazy For Crust made Pretzel Toffee Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lauren from Climbing Grier Mountain shared At the Table with Mr. B
- Tanya from Lemons for Lulu made Reese’s Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
- Erin from Texanerin Baking made Healthier New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Jen from Jens Favorite Cookies made Chocolate Pudding
- Jamie from Thrifty Veggie Mama made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Diane from Created By Diane made Rocky Road Cookie
- Nikki from Seeded at the Table made Oatmeal Cream Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Meagan fron A Zesty Bite made Something Fabulous
- Taylor from Greens & Chocolate made Butterfinger Blondies
- Amanda from i am baker made Classic Cheesecake with Double Crust
- Kristy from Sweet Treats & More made Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Lauren from Healthy. Delicious. shared 10 Guy-Approved Recipes
- Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts shared a Round up of Hubbies Favorites
- Rachel from Set the Table made Mexican Chocolate Shake
- Julie from Julie’s Eats and Treats shared her Hubby’s Top 10
- Stefani from Cupcake Project made Graham Cracker Waffle Cones
- Katerina from Diethood made Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic and Olives
- Betsy from Java Cupcake made White Chocolate Everything!
- Kimberly from The Daring Gourmet made French Almond Cake with Lavender Lemon Glaze