Since it’s Friday let’s have a chat, shall we?
1. So Pinterest. I have spent many, many, many more minutes than I care to admit over the last two weeks organizing my boards. And you know what’s sad? I still feel like they are so unorganized. How do you keep them organized? Oh, and I keep adding to them. I kind of have a love-hate thing going on with Pinterest but I started a board dedicated to tacos this week, so I guess it all balances out.
2. For my F.R.I.E.N.D.S. lovers, this is for you: 31 things “Friends” taught us about life. You can pretty much live your life by this list; I definitely do. And I still miss Friends, nearly every day.
3. Jeff City now has its very own food truck. I got to try it out for the second time yesterday and let me tell you about it: Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese; Parmesan Truffle Fries; Plain Jane Burger (not so plain – they put bacon in the mixture!). Totally phenomenal and totally right here in my community. Big win.
4. I’ll admit that I’ve never been a huge fan of Division 1 football. I went to a D-2 school where football was a big deal – and still is (Go Gorillas!) but D-1 is just a different deal. I grew up in Kansas so my allegiance usually went to KU because I really had no preference. However, I now live in the heart of Mizzou Tiger country and on Wednesday, had the chance to hear Coach Gary Pinkel speak at a community event about the upcoming season and I’ve never been more excited about college football. But let’s be real, I’m still more excited about the food. Shall I say go Tigers?
5. Half marathon training update – I am less than 30 days out. The first 5 weeks of training really, really, really sucked. Really. But since then training runs have flipped 180 degrees. I’ve gotten faster, I feel strong and my last few long (and short) runs have been so good. I’m working through a little knee pain this week but overall feeling very ready to run 13.1. The last half I did was 5 years ago and I finished in 2 hours, 10 minutes which is right at a 10-minute pace and this time around I’m hoping for less than a 9-minute pace. Keep your fingers crossed for me?
Have a great weekend, friends! xo